Honey has much to offer, not just from a nutritional perspective but in a skin-care regime too. Too often people overlook the ingredients in their kitchen cupboards but honey should be brought directly to the front of the shelf as its uses are so varied. Honey has a luscious effect on your skin and can provide the ultimate pampering experience.
1. Got a nasty cut or graze? Instead of reaching for your pharmacy brought antiseptic creams, reach for the honey instead because it works as a natural antiseptic and it promotes healing.
2. Most of us get sore and dry patches on our skin from time to time; honey is a great way to soothe those dry areas. Just apply to your skin for approximately 30 minutes and then wash off. Apply as necessary.
3. Honey in your bath might not sound like an obvious choice but in fact it is great for pampering your skin. Simply add 2 tablespoons of honey in a cup of hot water, once dissolved add your favourite drop of pure essential oil and then add to your bathwater.
4. Treat your facial skin and make a natural face mask. Add 2 tablespoons of honey with just 2 tablespoons of milk. Apply to your skin for the ultimate pampering experience. Leave for 10 minutes and then wash off.
5. If you suffer with acne, then dab a few drops of honey onto the affected areas. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse off thoroughly.
6. Burn scars are always problematic but honey can help. Use raw honey and apply to the burn regularly, in time, it will scar less.
7. No-one likes facial hair and honey has the answer. Mix one teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Then one tablespoon of sugar into the mixture. Mix to a smooth paste. Pop it in the microwave for up to three minutes – vary the time for the strength of microwave. Apply (ensuring not too hot) to the hairs you wish to remove, add a small strip of cloth to the area and then pull it off, ensuing that you pull in the opposite direction. The hairs will be whipped out by the root.
8. Honey face masks are easy to make up. Just add 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon mashed avocado and 1 teaspoon milk yoghurt. Mix and then apply to the skin on your face and leave for up to 30 minutes. Rinse off and note just how moisturised your skin is.
“Image courtesy of [Paul] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net”.