The main objective of makeup application is to emphasize one’s good facial features and minimize less attractive features. Since each person has unique features, there is no one ideal way to apply makeup. Applying cosmetics is an art. Anyone can put makeup on themselves and make the application look okay, but we will teach you tips for applying makeup to perfect your look.
A professional make-over performed by an esthetician or make-up artist is the best way to learn how to apply makeup in a manner that will best suit your needs. The esthetician will carefully analyze your facial features. Then she will teach you how to apply makeup in order to best accentuate your positive attributions and minimize your negative ones.
Tips For Using Makeup
- Before applying your makeup in the morning, make sure you thoroughly cleanse your face. Apply a moisturizer to the skin. Preferably a moisturizer with a sun screen, such as Shade Lotion.
- Make sure your hands are clean before you touch your face. When applying the foundation, use a sponge. This will give a velvety look.
- Avoid wearing a dark foundation. You want the foundation to blend with your skin tones. When foundation does not match your skin tone, you will have a noticeable make-up line.
- If you use too much foundation and powder at one time, it can give the face a “caked-on” appearance.
- The first step in applying a complete makeup application is to reduce the darkness under the eye with a concealer and then apply a foundation to even out your skin tone. Whether you start your application with the concealer or the foundation depends more on personal preference than anything else.
- Once that is done, the eye liner, eye shadow, mascara and blush can be applied. One should always feather the eye liner. You never want a sharp, hard line.
- The purpose of eye shadow is to shape and accentuate the eye, not color it. Do not overuse eye shadow. The face looks more attractive when you use natural colors.
- Blush is used to accentuate the cheek bone. This is to be applied sparingly and should look very natural.
- It is important to use a makeup brush for putting on eye shadow and blush. A good cosmetic brush is an excellent blending tool. The two rules to follow when choosing the right makeup brush are:
- The brush should match the size of the area it is to be used on.
- Brushes should not be so stiff that they scratch the face, nor so soft as to be floppy and difficult to control.
- When wearing makeup, you should always wear lipstick. The color should blend with the other make-up applied. The lips are one feature that can look good on anyone with the correct makeup.
- Never go to bed with your makeup on. When the makeup is left on overnight it will clog the pores. It prevents the skin from shedding and may cause blemishes and/or blackheads. The skin needs to breathe overnight.
- It is completely up to you as to how much makeup you choose to wear. You do not need to wear a foundation or any other part of a makeup look if you do not want to. It is all a matter of preference.