Many natural and old-fashioned remedies are overlooked these days. People seem to prefer to spend huge amounts of money on shop purchased treatments when sometimes the old ways are the best. Here are 7 of the best skin care or remedy treatments and all for a minimal amount of money.
1. Splinters can be painful and difficult to get rid of but this remedy is pain-free. Simply add one tablespoon of baking soda to a tub of water. Soak the area twice a day and you will find that the splinter will come out within just a few days or so.
2. It might not seem like a good remedy for sunburn but just try it and see. Add half a cup of baking soda powder to a warm bath. Relax in the bath for a while and when you get out, let your skin dry naturally. This will help to ease any sunburn.
3. Nothing drives you mad more than the itching sensation of an insect bit. To help ease the sensation, make a past of baking soda and water and add to the bite. It also works on poison ivy too.
4. If your feet sweat and have an unpleasant odour in the summer, add some baking soda into your shoes as it works as a natural deodoriser.
5. Need to exfoliate your skin? Add 3 parts of baking soda to 1 part water and mix. It’s simplicity itself but will help to exfoliate your skin beautifully. You can even use it every day.
6. Tired, aching feet? Just add 3 tablespoons of baking soda to a bowl containing warm water and soak for your feet for instant relief.
7. Nowadays we are becoming aware of the dangers of aluminium and parabens in the deodorants that we use. Instead, we can make a simple deodorant using a little baking soda mixed in with water. It really works.
“Image courtesy of [adamr] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net”.