As with all things in life, natural and home-made remedies have seen a rise and fall in popularity but products such as apple cider vinegar are now being utilized once again for many skin care remedies. It has many incredible benefits including:
1. It regulates the natural PH balance of your skin
2. It can help to relieve inflammation
3. Contains potassium which is vital for cell and tissue growth.
4. It contains ascetic acid so can cut through facial oils.
5. Is excellent as a disinfectant and antiseptic when treating blemishes.
6. It can also help to clear those clogged pores and works as an exfoliate too removing dead skin cells.
If you suffer from skin complaints such as rashes, eczema, insect bites or psoriasis, apple cider vinegar can be surprisingly beneficial as it can ease any irritation. Just apply directly to the area. Measure one cup of vinegar to one cup of water. You can also add one cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath water and this can help to prevent dry skin as it acts as an alkalinity.
If you suffer with dandruff, apply equal measures of water and apple cider vinegar into your scalp and leave it on your scalp for approximately 15 minutes as this will help to take the itchiness out of your scalp. If you are losing hair, it can also help to stimulate the hair follicles too.
In the winter months, hands are one of the first parts of the body to get dry and chapped. Rub the apple cider vinegar directly onto your hands and then remember to rinse well. After this, massage with olive oil to restore the protective barrier of your skin. It is also a fantastic resource to help dissolve facial oil, to improve any scar tissue and helps to flush out toxins too. If using apple cider vinegar on your face, make up 90% water to 10% apple cider vinegar.
“Image courtesy of [ponsulak] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net”.